Presenting some simple tips to make life in the kitchen easier………………..
- Make cut crosses in the skin on either side of potatoes before boiling in the jacket makes peeling easier
- Add a little salt to onions whilst frying for more even and faster browning
- Make a line of water around the centre of a coconut before breaking. Will break perfectly
- Add a little milk to eggs while beating for a smoother and fluffier texture
- Add a few rice grains to the salt shaker to keep the salt from clumping
- Apply a little lime to cut pieces of fruit like apple and pear to keep from becoming black
- Spread paper at the bottom of the crisper in your refrigerator to absorb moisture and keep vegetables and fruits from spoiling
- Keep half an onion in the refrigerator to get rid of stale smells
- Store flour, rice and other grains with a few bay or neem leaves to prevent insects
- To absorb extra salt in a gravy or soup, bring to a boil with half a potato or a ball of dough
- To remove excess fat from a gravy or soup, refrigerate for about an hour. The fat will harden on the surface and can be easily skimmed off.
- To get really thin tortillas, theplas, khakras, etc. apply a little oil / ghee / clarified butter on the rolling pin and roll.